Here at Loft Style Properties, we suggest that you should start to sell your home before you start looking at your next home. Don’t feel that you can’t have an idea of what property you would like or an area that you’re interested in, but before you start making an offer, you should really be sold subject to contract as buyers would not be interested in someone that has an incomplete chain.
Having your home look the best that it can be is so important to show prospective buyers, just how good your property is, so put yourselves in their shoes and look at your home like they would. Start from the outside and work your way in and see what you need to update/replace or re-paint.
Key things to note:
- If you have a garden (front or back), make sure that the grass is cut and flowers in the flowerbed, they add a bit of colour and brighten up even the smallest of gardens.
- The front door is the first thing that the buyer will see, so if the paint is looking a little tired, freshen it up with a new coat of paint.
- If you have a small entrance hall, putting a big mirror not only gives you extra light in the hallway, it also helps the place feel bigger than it actually is.
- Make sure all rooms are in a neutral colour, paint colour is a personal choice so whilst you love your hot pink room, people that come to view the property may not, and this could put them off putting in an offer.
- Clutter is a no no. You have to make sure that there is as little clutter as possible when the time comes to put your property on the market. It’s no good overcrowding the storage space that you do have because people will not be able to see what is on offer, all they’ll see is your clutter. If you have nowhere else to store your items, consider putting them in a storage facility.
- This one, whilst seems obvious, needs to be said. Make sure that when a viewing has been agreed by yourself and the estate agent, please please please, tidy up. It creates such a good impression, people tend to look only at properties face value, so if it is messy, they won’t give it a second glance.
If you work during the day or you have a busy schedule in general, it would be wise to give us a set of keys so that we can have a viewing whilst you’re out. We will always agree the time with you beforehand, we will never
just turn up unannounced.
You have someone interested in buying your home, well done! We, Loft Style Properties, will provide you with a breakdown of how the buyer intends to finance the purchase, whether it be by a mortgage or cash buyer etc. Once you have had time to think this through and you are happy with everything, you will accept their offer. If everything goes smoothly with the survey with no hiccups, a final contract should be exchanged and you have successfully sold your home.