GDPR Notification and Consent Required for Loft Style Properties Limited to Hold Your Personal Information
You acknowledge that the information which you provide to us will amount to sensitive personal data under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) 2018.
Loft Style Properties Limited has already implemented procedures and controls to comply with the GDPR. As your privacy and personal data are important to us.
The following statements not only covers our privacy statement it also covers the GDPR key principles. We encourage you to read the summaries below.How We Collect Personal Data From You and the Personal Data We Collect From You.
Loft Style Properties Limited collects data to operate effectively. You provide some of this data directly, such as when you register with us.
We hold and process the following personal information about you:
- Full name.
- Email address.
- Telephone number.
- Date of birth.
- Credit history.
- If in work: current employer, employer address, work email, work phone, length been at current work, position, annual salary.
- If a student: college/university name, college address, college phone number, course studying, course time scale.
- Guarantor reference details (if required): full name, date of birth, contact telephone numbers, email addresses, address, relation, and annual income.
- Current previous/landlord details: landlord name, landlord address, contact telephone number, long residing? Contact email address.
- Professional/character reference details: name, address, contact telephone number, contact email address.
- Other information: any children? How many and ages.
- Bank details.
We also take copies of your passport, work visa or driving licenses that contains an individual’s personal data.
We also obtain data from third parties from Utility companies and Debt agencies.
How We Use Personal Data
Loft Style Properties Limited uses the personal data we collect for the following main purposes:
- To contact you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide you with information about services that we offer.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To verify your identity.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure and to prevent or detect fraud.
- To provide customer support.
- To comply with the requirements imposed by law or any court order.
We take copies of a tenant’s passport, work visa or driving licenses for identification purposes and to prove that the tenant is sufficient and legitimate not only for Loft Style Properties Limited but for the UK Authorities such as the Home Office.
How to Access & Control Your Personal Data
Article 15 of the GDPR enshrines an individual’s right of access to the personal data that we hold on them.
As an individual you can ask if Loft Style Properties holds personal data on yourself and what the data is used for. You can also request to view, and/or to change your personal data on request by sending an e-mail to or make a request in person. The data controller/Loft Style Properties manager will respond to a request within 7 days. As per Regulation the information will be provided free and within at least one month of receiving the request.Situations Where We Could Share Your Personal Data
We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction you have requested or authorized; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our clients/customers; protect the rights of Loft Style Properties Limited and to protect the property of Loft Style Properties Limited and our associated landlords.
We share personal data with Utility companies and Debt agencies in relation to the person/property by written request.
We will never sell your data to a third party.Storing of Personal Data
Personal data collected by Loft Style Properties Limited is stored and processed in the UK. The storage location has been chosen in order to operate efficiently, to improve performance and to create redundancies in order to protect the data in the event of an outage or other problem.
We take steps to ensure that the data we collect under this privacy statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements applicable to the GDPR.
Personal data is backed up on a regular occurrence and is encrypted.
In regards to the storage and the protection of personal data we have the following measures in place:
- Personal data that is held on our IT systems is encrypted using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES).
- The IT systems operating systems and applications that hold Personal data are not passed their 'end of life'.
- Our IT systems that hold Personal data are fully patched and up to date.
- All e-mail sent and received that may contain Personal data is encrypted. E-mail mailboxes and their contents are stored on encrypted hardware.
- All IT systems are password protected with complex passwords and are regularly changed.
- The premises where personal data is stored is alarmed and is fully secured.
Tenant’s personal information are not transferred outside the European Economic Area.
Retention of Personal Data
Loft Style Properties Limited retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide the services and fulfil the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and enforcing our agreements. The Right to Data Portability
As a tenant you have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes. Please contact Loft Style Properties Limited if you require this.How to Contact Loft Style Properties Limited With Questions and the Right to Lodge a Complaint with the Supervisory Authority
The data controller responsible for your information is Loft Style Properties Limited. You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by post at 2-4 Highgate Road, London, NW5 1NR.
If you have any questions or complaints regarding our use of your personal information. You can contact the ICO at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
As a data controller we are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office, and our registration number is ZA219270.
It will be mandatory for Loft Style Properties to notify GDPR representatives, the UK's data protection registrar of any security breaches within 72 hours.